It's not long now before I ride the Iron Butt Association's Saddle Sore 1,000, so it's best I come up with a checklist and make sure I have everything I need.
1. Motorcycle -- check!
2. Route -- check!
3. Brains -- I say check, but my father says "Not enough."
4. Bottle of Tylenol -- will buy before leaving.
5. Camera -- will borrow from family member.
6. Chain inspected -- oops, I guess I'll put the bike in the shop on Tuesday. Would hate to break a chain somewhere out in the boonies!
7. Renew Honda Rider membership -- will do that online next week. Would hate to break a chain somewhere out in the boonies and be stranded because I'm no longer a member of "The Club."
8. Saddle -- Gosh, sure would like to get it reupholstered before I go because it's embarrassing to have a cracked seat.
9. Leather jacket -- check!
10. Chaps -- nope, but maybe I can find some online at http://www.shopgoodwill.com/.
Oh, man! There's still a lot more I need to do before I go on this ride. Better move my butt before I can't!
Post a Comment