Five good reasons for owning a boat
I'm probably the only person I know who lives pretty close to a lake but doesn't own a boat. In some communities, that would make me a heretic.
Not wanting to be thought unkindly of, here are five random mostly-true facts I used on my wife to try and convince her we needed a boat.
1. People who own boats are sexier than other people, and we need all the help we can get.
2. Boat ownership is a pathway to a healthier lifestyle because we'd fish more, and eating fish is good for you.
3. Boating is referenced all throughout the Bible. If it's good enough for God, it's good enough for us.
4. Johnny Depp was in a pirate movie. Pirates had boats. You love Johnny Depp. Having a boat would be like having our own little cosmic connection to Johnny Depp.
5. A boat would give me somewhere to sleep so you wouldn't have to hear me snore.
(That last one brought a smile to her face.)
There's a boatload of random facts over at A Rural Journal.